The Secret Chocolate Sleeve
My friend Debbi Green showed me how to make this treat holder. It's for a full size Hershey Bar.
We made it at the Sailing Class and then I got another request so we did this at "It Starts with Art". It is so very quick and easy.
1. Designer paper 6 x 6, score at 2 ½, 2 3/4, 5 ¼, 5 ½ - burnish your folds
2. Add tear n tape to the 1/2 “ edge and fold the sleeve together (it has an opening at both ends)
3. Punch the holes in the top (hole size is dependent on ribbon size)
4. Insert about 20” of ribbon in both holes (so thread the ribbon through the front hole and the the back hole.)
5. Gently slide your chocolate bar down into the sleeve, taking the ribbon into the sleeve. Now the chocolate is completely inside the sleeve.
6. Tie a knot, add a glue dot to keep the ribbon together if your ribbon is really stiff.
7. Add your decorations to the front - I used the stamp from the It Starts with Art and the matching dies to make the pen.
The one on the left was made by Diana and she used blends to make the pretty border.
All the supplies (paper, ribbon, punch, stamps etc) can be found in my online store!
Happy crafting MaryKate
Post a Comment