This is origami, no glue needed! The card fits into a regular envelope.
Instructions below or click here for the video (if you want to skip to the shirt go to 4min 40sec)
My husband Charlie wears a lot of Hawaiian shirts and has one for "evening wear" "lunch" "yard work" all occasions really! Here's his closet, shhh don't tell I posted this!!
1. Select 2 pieces of the Hawaiian paper, cut 1 to 4 ½ x 6 and the other 6 x 6. Overlap the paper by ½” so you have a piece finished at 6 x 10
2. Fold in the sides so they meet in the middle, your piece is now 3 x 10” (long and skinny)
3. Fold the top of this piece to the back at about ¾” (this will be the collar)
4. Now bring the back to the front so you can see the collar; I started about 1 ¾” down from the top of the collar
5. Create a space for your greeting (it’s not that big!) by folding back the lower sides (at the bottom) see photo, I started about 4 ¼” from the bottom
6. Now fold the bottom up and tuck it into the collar.
7. Unfold and insert a greeting on the Vanilla piece cut 2 ½ x 4
8. Fold the shirt closed.
9. Add some flowers for buttons. Decorate your vanilla envelope with matching design paper (cut 5 ½ x 2), trimmed to the envelope
I used the Boho Medley paper! Such a great Medley (stamps, dies, die cuts, designer paper, 2 rolls of ribbon, embossing paper, the flower "button" embellishments) a fabulous gift for yourself or a crafty friend. Purchase this in my online store and I'll send you a tutorial with 15 projects and a kit of supplies all cut and prepped for you to make 6 of these projects.
I hope you get one for yourself, I've loved playing with this fun set. And if you are a team member, don't hesitate to send me an email MaryKate@MaryKateScott.com to get your free copy of this tutorial - a great team member perk! With your discount this medley is $52.50. If you are interested in the discount, tutorial or have questions, don't hesitate to reach out!
Happy stamping, MaryKate