This project take a few extra steps but it’s still very easy to do. It holds about 10 Hershey's kisses.
1. Lovely Lipstick cardstock is 8 1/2 x 5 1/4 score this as follows: long side up 2 ¾, 3 ¾, 6 ½, 7 ½ and 8. On the short side 1” from either end.
2. Trim the card base (see photo), round the corners of your back flap (you can you use a punch, the envelop punch board, or free hand the curve), add the tear and tape to the left side, miter the tabs at the bottom.
3. Add the designer paper to the front of the box 2 ½ x 3 ½, make sure you glue ONLY the corners (as you will be die cutting a heart and you don’t want to get glue in your dies (don’t ask me how I know this tip!).
4. Die cut your heart.
5. You’ll see you get 3 pieces, the designer paper heart, a lipstick heart and the edge of the heart.
6. Add vellum to the inside (make it just a bit smaller than the panel. Again, attach to the corers.
7. Now add the heart outline (with the stitching) to the front of the box, I used glue dots. I keep my liquid glue far far away from my vellum as it easily smears.
8. Now I’m going to pinch my box shut, folding the back flap over.
9. I punch a hole (I find ¼” works fine) but first punching the back, the lining it up, putting a pencil dot so I know where to punch the back and then the front (so punch 3 times as it would be too thick to punch all 3 layers at once.)
10. Add some treats, I added Hershey Kisses. And what is nice about this box is that you can open it to get the treats without destroying the box!
11. You can tie the ribbon anyway you’d like. I like the “necktie” knot. Take about 8” of ribbon. Go from front to back.
12. Keep the longer end at the front.
13. Take the longer end and wrap it around the ribbon (see my thumb? I’m creating a “hole” as wrap the ribbon around the back.
14. The ribbon comes to the front and goes up the hole (that I created with my thumb).
15. Now pull tight on each end. Trim the ends. This is easy, I promise you, just try it! It looks so pretty.
16. Now stamp a greeting (I used one from the Hey Love set), punched out with the label punch (or just flag the ends). Attach to the box with glue.
Such a fun project - will you try it?
Happy Valentine's Day! MaryKate